INOU E-Bulletin Issue 23 June 2016
Welcome to the 23rd edition of the INOU’s E-bulletin. In this issue we explore the key issues facing unemployed people; what does the new programme for government mean for unemployed people? a review of the Annual Delegate's Conference and a personal experience of returning to adult literacy with DALC. Brid O'Brien, Head of Policy and Media also explores the Department of Education and Skills' statement of strategy and the recent 'Broken Politics' event. We have input about Climate Change and Justice and practical advice on CV writing. We welcome the return of the Springboard Helpline and celebrate with one of our colleagues his success in coaching football.
Cover photo is the presentation of a painting by Eileen Gallen, commissioned by the Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed, to celebrate all the round table discussion groups at the Annual Delegate Conferences. Presented by John Stewart, INOU Co-ordinator to Ann Fergus, Chairperson of the NEC, at the INOU ADC at Wynn's Hotel, May 25th 2016.
If you have any events, articles or areas of interest that you would like us to cover please do not hesitate to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Features in this issue
- 2016 Annual Conference a Big Success
- Department of Education and Skills’ Statement of Strategy
- Broken Politics: Civil Society’s Role in Creating Real Change
- Programme for Government and Unemployment
- Climate Change and Justice
- INOU Participating in Key Education and Skills Initiative for Unemployed People
- Returning to Literacy, Changed My Life
- Not getting interviews? Read this!
- Building Futures ART WORK 1916 Commemoration
- Labour Market Council response to Pathways to Work 2016-2020
- and Finally: Kids Soccer and Me