INOU E-Bulletin Issue 25 November 2016
Welcome to the 25th edition of the INOU’s E-bulletin. In this issue we explore key issues facing unemployed people; Post Budget, what are the developments in the final analysis? Brid O'Brien, Head of Policy and Media, also explores Brexit, a potential game changer for unemployed people. Our Welfare & Advocacy Information officers respond to a frequent question they are asked right now about 'Working at Christmas and your rights’. Head of Training, Lorraine Hennessy is focusing on Youth Training & Education provision in an interesting article. We highlight the Building Futures Graduation 2016, in the Mansion House with the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Brendan Carr. Building Futures is a well-recognised, life-transforming and successful Training programme with Graduates receiving a Major Award in Community Development QQI Level 5. The INOU organised Discussion Forums in Cavan and Galway and the implications of Brexit, Education and Training programmes and Budget 2017 were disucssed. INOU staff were also at the Apprenticeship Fair in Finglas and the 'Eradicate Poverty' Event at the Human Rights and Poverty Stone in Dublin on 17th October
Wishing all our readers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Cover photo is Brid O’Brien with Niall Crowley, Chairperson of the Equality and Rights Alliance; Tamas Kadar, author of the ERA report ‘An analysis of the introduction of socio-economic status as a discrimination ground’; and Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin TD, Chairman of Joint Oireachtas Committee on Justice and Equality.
If you have any events, articles or areas of interest that you would like us to cover please do not hesitate to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Features in this issue
- So how did Budget 2017 deliver for unemployed people?
- Brexit potential economic and social impact
- Jobseeker? Can I work over the Christmas period?
- ERA report on socio-economic status as a discrimination ground
- Looking beyond JobBridge
- Creating an Inclusive Labour Market
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- INOU Information Leaflets
- Youth training & education provision
- Regional Discussion Forums in Cavan and Galway
- Building Futures Graduation 2016
- Out and About with the INOU