INOU E-Bulletin Issue 31 February 2018
Welcome to the 31st edition of the INOU’s E-bulletin
We look back at 2017 and discuss what it meant for unemployed people. In this issue, we also give the INOU view on SILC 2016, and the Action Plan for Education 2018. We look at research on Post Leaving Cert Courses, and a Private Members Bill seeking to introduce a socio-economic status ground into Ireland’s Equality legislation.
The recent removal of the requirement to pay a financial contribution for legal aid in domestic violence cases is explained in a very interesting article from FLAC. An individual member explores the difficulties of being over 50 and unemployed, and Focus on Affiliates is on the Roscrea Jobs Club and the fantastic work they do. We also showcase some of our Affiliates events: One Family programmes free to parents in one-parent families and IN-VEST, a free IT taster course starting at the end of March with the Ballymun Jobs Centre.
Cover photo is: Participants in the Roscrea Job Club
If you have any events, articles or areas of interest that you would like us to cover please do not hesitate to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Features in this issue
- Unemployment in 2017
- What are INOU Affiliates offering?
- 'My Experience' from our Individual Member
- Socio-Economic Status: a serious gap in Ireland’s equality legislation
- Action Plan for Education 2018
- Legal aid, financial contribution & domestic violence
- Survey of Income and Living Conditions 2016
- Get Connected – Volunteering and Shared Values
- Focus on Affiliates: Roscrea Job Club
- Post Leaving Certificate Courses Evaluation