INOU E-Bulletin Issue 34 September 2018
Welcome to the 34th edition of the INOU’s E-bulletin
In this edition we mark a number of anniversaries: the launch of the 25th edition of the INOU’s publication Working for Work; and the 21st anniversary of Kildare Local Employment Service. As Budget 2019 approaches we re-iterate the INOU’s key asks. Two of our individual members write about the difficulties facing older women securing employment. In other articles we bring to your attention the Adult Education Survey 2017; JobsPlus Employers Survey; Labour Force Survey Quarter 2, 2018; and developments in JobsIreland.ie. And finally, ESCRI writes about what needs to happen for Ireland to realise the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Cover photo is: Minister Regina Doherty, Mike Allen, Ann Fergus and John Stewart
If you have any events, articles or areas of interest that you would like us to cover please do not hesitate to contact us by email: email@example.com
Features in this issue
- Launch of Working for Work 25th Edition
- Budget 2019 – almost there
- The 40+ Year Old Jobseeker
- Jobs Ireland: What’s happening?
- Unemployment in 2018
- Employing people who were long-term unemployed
- An Individual Member’s experience
- The Coming of Age of the KLESN: Looking back and expecting its future
- Adult Education Survey 2017
- Economic, Social and Cultural Rights & the SDGS