INOU E-Bulletin Issue 36 January 2019
Welcome to the 36th edition of the INOU’s E-bulletin
In this edition we look at the INOU’s education and training programme for people who are long-term unemployed: Building Futures; and a transnational project called SkillsMatch in which the INOU will play an active part. Our focus on an INOU affiliated organisation is on Doras Buí. A piece from Crosscare focuses on their report ‘Do You Speak English?’ There is a piece on the ‘gig economy’; a report on the Future Jobs Summit; and an update on the INOU’s JobsWatch. On the policy front we highlight SILC 2017; Educational Attainment Report 2018; and recent Government announcements including Community Employment and Springboard+ 2019. There is also an article looking at unemployment over a twenty year period. And finally we have articles from Samaritans Ireland seeking to recruit volunteers; and from Friends of the Earth on their 12-step programme to quit fossil fuels.
Cover photo is SkillsMatch, a major European Funded Project for measuring and developing Non-Cognitive skills (NC).
If you have any events, articles or areas of interest that you would like us to cover please do not hesitate to contact us by email: email@example.com
Features in this issue
- The Gig Economy: legislating in a new era
- Focus on INOU Affiliate
- Survey on Income and Living Conditions 2017
- Educational Attainment Thematic Report 2018
- Unemployment over the past twenty years
- Future Jobs: Preparing Now for Tomorrow’s Economy
- Interesting Announcements from the DEASP
- Springboard+ 2019
- Do You Speak English?
- Jobs Watch
- Samaritans Ireland Recruitment
- Building Futures
- Key elements of a Green New Deal: 12 steps to overcome fossil fuel addiction