Training, Delivery and Evaluation, QQI Award
(Formerly "Train the Trainer")
Dates: To be confirmed
Time: 10am – 4pm, 2 days a month over a six month period
Venue: INOU, Araby House, 8 North Richmond Road, Dublin 1
This QQI Training, Delivery and Evaluation Level 6 course is for anyone who wishes to learn or improve training techniques and increase confidence in their training ability while gaining a recognised academic qualification.
The course will equip those who are considering training as a career option with the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively, design, develop, deliver and evaluate training programmes. You will learn new skills and ideas through both theoretical and practical means.
Upon successful completion of the course participants will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and competence to develop an intervention to meet the needs of particular groups of people. The Participants will receive a QQI Level 6 award which is a recognised training qualification but also by national agencies such as the Education Training Boards (ETB’s).
Concepts and Theories in Training:
- Concepts and theories underlying training delivery.
- Concepts and theories underlying training evaluation.
- Different training interventions.
Elements which Impact Training Effectiveness:
- Barriers to participation.
- Identifying different methodologies, contexts and cohorts.
- Training styles and training environment.
- Legislation regarding training provision- promoting inclusion.
Delivery of Appropriate Training Content and use of Training Aids:
- Evaluating models, approaches, tools and techniques.
- Delivering appropriate training content.
- Use a range of training aids.
- Establishment and maintenance of a positive learning environment.
- Learn diverse training strategies.
- Dealing with difficult behaviour.
- Create measurable learning outcomes using action verbs.
- Providing constructive feedback.
Evaluation of training:
- Formulate and apply appropriate evaluation tools.
- Evaluate learner progress against the programme goals.