Basic Supplementary Welfare Allowance (SWA) Payment
You can claim a basic weekly payment for yourself, your partner and your children if you can prove that your income is less than the Supplementary Welfare Allowance (SWA) rate appropriate for your family size, can satisfy a means test and the standard qualifying conditions above.
Rates from March 26th 2018
- Qualified Adult............€131.40
- Qualified Child............€31.80
The following groups are not normally entitled to a basic weekly SWA payment:
- Full-time students (but students studying under a social welfare scheme can apply)
- Full-time workers, unless the work is rehabilitative or under 30 hours per week
- People involved in trade disputes
- People absent from the state
- People in prison
If you do not qualify for a Supplementary Welfare Allowance (SWA) payment for any of the above reasons the rest of your family may qualify in their own right - contact the INOU for more information.
Last Updated: 05/04/2018