Lorraine Hennessy,Head of TrainingWe have been a provider of Welfare to Work and Welfare Rights training services for over 20 years. We offer seven individual training courses as part of our standard Training Calendar services. These courses are available to INOU member organisations, statutory and non-statutory agencies and other groups.
The courses are:
- Welfare Rights - FETAC Level 6, (2 days a month over 5 months)
- Introduction to Social Welfare (1 day course)
- Train The Trainer FETAC Level 6
- Welfare to Work - 2 Day course (2 day course)
- Taxation and Welfare to Work (1 day course)
- Introduction to Social Welfare Appeals (1 day course)
- Delivering a Quality Information Service to the Unemployed (1 day course)
On Request Training Services
We also provide a comprehensive range of 'on-request' training services on Welfare to Work issues. Our Tutors can tailor the content and presentation of courses to meet the needs of individual groups or organisations. On-request training sessions are delivered flexibly and are designed around the training needs of the participants and the requesting organisation.
INOU Training Room
The INOU is registered with FETAC (Further Education and Training Awards Council) to offer programmes leading to FETAC awards in the National Framework of Qualifications and has agreed its quality assurance procedures with FETAC.
Achieving a FETAC qualification provided by the INOU will create greater awareness and knowledge around welfare rights issues and the impact of unemployment on a person's ability to participate fully and equally in society
As a FETAC accredited provider we are in the unique position of having a wealth of knowledge and experience of welfare rights issues whilst also being able to provide relevant training in this area.