If you need information or assistance? Please use our Contact Us page.
The Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed (INOU) are recognised as specialists in the field of Welfare Rights and Welfare to Work information provision. We provide a telephone Welfare to Work information service to individuals and affiliated organisations.
Our Advocacy Service can assist and support you in your engagement with the Deparment of Social Protection (DSP) in relation to:
- Applications for payment
- Review of unfavourable decisions
- Accessing information by means of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act
- Engaging in the Social Welfare Appeals process and providing supports / represenation at Social Welfare Appeal hearings.
As part of our Advocacy Service, our staff can engage with you and support you in a number of ways including:
- listening to what you think about what’s happened to you and why it has happened
- helping you to understand information about any decision or situation that has been arrived at
- explain the relevant Social Welfare Legislation and Operational Guidelines as may apply or be relevant to your situation
- explain the options available to you in seeking to address or resolve any issues or concerns
- helping you to idenitfy relevant and appropriate information and detail in support of your circumstances
- identify and plan how to progress the situation and what you can do next
As part of our Advocacy Service, we cannot:
- offer counselling or mediation
- offer legal advice or legal instruction
- make decisions for you
- tell you what to do
If at any point you need support that your advocate cannot offer, they can help you find out if there is someone who can. You can ask the INOU to stop advocacy support, or withdraw services, at any time.
You can speak, in complete confidence, to an Information Officer in the Information and Advocacy section directly at 01 - 856 0088 or 01-5842417 , Monday - Thursday 9.30 am to 5.00 pm and Friday 9.30am to 4.00pm.
Use the online Contact Us forms on the INOU website.
- Contact us Forms
- Redundancy Information
- Advocacy Services
- Social Welfare Appeals
- Jobseekers Allowance (JA)
- Jobseekers Benefit (JB)
- Jobseekers Benefit Self-Employed (JBSE)
- Jobseekers Transition (JST)
- Back to Work Supports
- Other Social Welfare payments
- Supplementary Welfare (SWA)
- Work Experience Options
- Education Options
- Other Benefits and Supports