Genuinely Seeking Work
In order to qualify for a Jobseekers payment you must prove that you are genuinely seeking work. You must be able to show that you are:
- Willing to accept any reasonable offer of employment based on your skills, qualifications and experience, and
- Willing to accept any reasonable offer of training, re-training, work experience or education to improve your prospects of finding employment, and
- Able to show that you have, in the relevant period, taken reasonable steps which offer you the best prospects of getting employment.
You will be expected to use all available services and supports to help you seek employment and have proof of your job seeking efforts.
You can speak, in complete confidence, to an Information Officer in the Information and Advocacy section directly at 01 - 856 0088 , Monday - Thursday 9.30 am to 5.00 pm and Friday 9.30am to 4.00pm.
Use the online Contact Us form on the INOU website
You can send your query directly to us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
- Advocacy Services
- Losing Your Job
- Jobseekers Allowance (JA)
- Jobseekers Benefit (JB)
- Jobseekers Benefit Self-Employed (JBSE)
- Jobseekers Transition (JST)
- Back to Work Supports
- Other Social Welfare payments
- Supplementary Welfare (SWA)
- Work Experience Options
- Education Options
- Other Benefits and Supports
- Social Welfare Appeals
- Contact us Forms