|Address:||Platin, Drogheda, Co. Louth|
Irish Cement are currently recruiting for 1st Year Mechanical and Electrical Apprenticesto join their team in Limerick.
Irish Cement Limited is a fully owned subsidiary of CRH plc and has manufactured cement in Ireland for over 75 years. It operates two cement-manufacturing facilities, one situated in Platin, approximately 5km from Drogheda, Co Louth and a second in Castlemungret, Co Limerick. Production uses the most advanced, energy-efficient technology to create a range of high quality cements to the highest Irish and International standards.
The company are seeking to recruit 1st Year Mechanical and Electrical Apprentices. Successful candidates will be trained in all aspects of the trade. Applicants must be eligible to undertake the SOLAS Standard Based Apprenticeship Programme. See www.solas.ie. Solas and the Department of Education & Skills have responsibility for providing off-the-job training, while the apprentices’ on-the-job training will take place on site at Limerick Works.
The duration of an apprenticeship is a minimum of 4 years. The apprentice will receive a QQI Award Level 6 Advanced Craft Certificate on completion of their apprenticeship. This qualification is recognised both nationally and internationally.
The ideal candidate should have:
- an interest in mechanical or electrical tasks
- good co-ordination and hand skills
- good attention to detail
- excellent spoken and written English
- high safety standards at all times while working in a heavy manufacturing environment
- eagerness to learn
Irish Cement Criteria:
- Passed the Leaving Certificate with five passes in ordinary level subjects (English and Maths must be two of these with a minimum of O4 on Pass Mathematics)
- Submit an Ishihara Colour Vision Test or approved equivalent, preferably submitted on a Solas Form
- Candidates will be required to attend aptitude testing for these positions
How to Apply: Candidates wishing to be considered can post a cover letter, current CV , copy of actual Leaving Certificate and Colour Vision Test Form to the Human Resources Manager, Irish Cement Limited, Limerick Works, Castlemungret, Limerick
by applying below via IrishJobs.ie using the subject heading “Apprenticeship Limerick Works”.
Apply Via IrishJobs.ie here
Note: Failure to submit Leaving Certificate and Colour Vision Test Form will result in the application not being processed.
Closing Date: The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 13th October 2017
More on these jobs
|No of jobs:||not stated|
|Job title:||Mechanical and Electrical Apprentices|
|Jobs take effect:||not known|