Public Appointments Service
|Address:||Public Appointments Service, |
26/30 Upper Abbey Street,
Clerical Officer in the Civil Service - Dublin
A new 2017 competition for clerical positions in the Civil Service in Dublin is now open.
Applications are invited from individuals who wish to be considered for a clerical officer role in the civil service.
Typical duties you may be required to undertake, if appointed, include:
- General clerical work e.g. filing, photocopying, answering/making telephone calls, dealing with emails, reception desk duties, etc. under the supervision of a designated manager;
- Supporting line-managers and colleagues;
- Working as part of a team in delivering services;
- Communicating and dealing with the public/customers e.g. responding to queries and providing information face-to-face, by telephone or via email;
- Providing the highest quality standards in customer service;
- Using Information Technology on a daily basis, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and internet;
- Maintaining high quality records in a thorough and organised manner;
- Checking all work thoroughly to ensure it is completed to a high standard;
- Carrying out routine accounts work;
- Approaching work in a careful and methodical manner, displaying accuracy at all times, even when conducting routine/repetitive work.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate.
In certain instances positions may arise where specialist skills or experience is required e.g. accounts, language skills, typing skills, etc. Suitable candidates may be selected for the purpose of filling such vacancies.
Applicants for the Irish Language Stream
The Civil Service is fully committed to fulfilling it’s obligations under the Official Languages Act. It is intended that any vacancies arising which require staff to provide a full range of services through the Irish language (Functional Bilinguals), may be filled from this competition.
Please see the current camapign information booklet here for further information and details on how to apply.
More on these jobs
|No of jobs:||not stated|
|Job title:||Clerical Officer|
|Jobs take effect:||Current|