Back to School Clothing and Footwear
- Extra €100 payment to be paid into bank accounts from Monday 18 July.
The Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance provides a once-off payment to eligible families towards the cost of school clothing and footwear.
The allowance paid for each eligible child is:
- aged 4 -11 years, on or before 30 September 2022, will be paid at a rate of €260 per child
- aged 12 - 22 years, on or before 30 September 2022, will be paid at a rate of €385 per child.
Students aged between 18-22 years must be returning to full-time second-level education in a recognised school or college in the autumn of 2022 to retain an entitlement to payment.
Payments of the regular allowance started on Monday 11th July, payment of the additional €100 into bank accounts has been brought forward from August to Monday 18th July.
The Department of Social Protection has two dedicated phone lines to answer enquiries relating to the Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance, these phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm:
- 071 919 3318; and
- 0818 11 11 13
People also have the choice of emailing the department at firstname.lastname@example.org if they have an enquiry regarding their application or entitlement.
The closing date to apply for this year’s Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance is 30 September 2022.
Further information on the eligibility criteria for the Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance is available at www.gov.ie/bscfa
Please visit our Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance Query Form if you require any further information or assistance.
- Contact us Forms
- Advocacy Services
- Social Welfare Appeals
- Jobseekers Allowance (JA)
- Jobseekers Benefit (JB)
- Jobseekers Benefit Self-Employed (JBSE)
- Jobseekers Transition (JST)
- Back to Work Supports
- Other Social Welfare payments
- Supplementary Welfare (SWA)
- Work Experience Options
- Education Options
- Other Benefits and Supports